We are committed to the ministry of the gospel around the Lower Mountains and beyond.
The ministries of Lower Mountains Anglican are entirely provided for by the financial support of its members. This is part of our response to God’s goodness to us in Christ. If you are giving or are planning to do so, we are thankful for your generosity under God.
Each person should give what you decide in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7)
Christians to give regularly, generously, sacrificially, willingly and each according to our ability. Giving is part of our financial commitment to the gospel. A Christian labours not to accrue personal wealth or possessions, but as a steward of God’s resources.
Christian giving flows out of the belief that everything we have is a gift from God. Our money, our time and our gifts belong to him, and have been given to us so that we can use them to serve others (1 Peter 4:10). Christians have the perfect example of generosity in the Lord Jesus who, “though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich” (2 Cor 8:9).
- giving generously is in response to God’s grace.
- in giving, it shows that God’s grace is at work in us and that money is not our master.
- giving responds to specific needs to further the good news of God’s grace (for example, it supports the proclamation of the gospel, it practically assists those in need, it helps to resource mission work, and it pays for ministry costs, staffing and resources).
If you are a member of our church, we encourage you to give prayerfully, generously, regularly and cheerfully.
Lower Mountains Anglican is in partnership with the following mission and ministry organisations:
- Moore Theological College
- Church Missionary Society (CMS)
- Bush Church Aid (BCA)
As a church, we give 5% of the money we receive toward mission and ministry to support our partner organizations. Individually, our members give to these and other organisations as they please.
How can I give?
- Pray – thank God for his good gifts
- Resolve – How much to give and how often
- Act – arrange your method of giving.
Our preferred method of giving is by electronic transfer. This helps your giving to be efficient (eliminating the need to handle cash), flexible (you have control of your giving), regular (it allows you to schedule regular giving), and helpful (it helps our Parish Council plan our budget).
Our banking details are:
- Blaxland – 032278 (BSB) 597418 (Acct No)
- Glenbrook 10am – 032278 597397
- Glenbrook 6pm – 032278 597434
- Mount Riverview – 032278 597426
- Children’s & Youth Ministry – 032278 603777
- Parish Building Loan – 032278 597442
All accounts are in the name of Lower Mountains Anglican Parish
Please include the reference text: LMAP (your congregation time) e.g. LMAP Blax
Want more information?
Our parish treasurer is available if you would like:
- more information about how we budget and spend the money that is given.
- assistance in setting up your electronic giving.
- advice on arranging a bequest (in your will).
- any further clarification.
Please contact Howard Whitehouse at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for giving to the gospel through Lower Mountains Anglican.